Monday, December 15, 2014

I'll be home for Christmas!

Greatest Family,
Although I'm so excited to see you, I'm sad to be leaving behind what I've come to know and love for the last 18 months. I was reading back through my emails to president Ames from June 2013 where I told him I wasn't doing well and I wanted to go home. I remember clearly the day that I talked to President on the phone and told him I knew I could stay in Texas as the Lord's servant. This journey has been much like the refiners fire. The Lord has shaped and molded me into the person he wants me to be, most importantly, he's made me the greatest convert of my mission. I remember coming out knowing little to nothing about what I would teach and now I have a tremendously improved understanding of why we live the gospel. I remember inviting someone to be baptized the very first lesson I taught with my trainer, Sister Tullis, and being terrified. But now I know the Lord's will and can do it without fear. I think back to the kind of member I was at home and now I know the member I need to be when I return. 
Many people say a mission is the best 18 months of their life, I say it's been the best 18 months for my life. It's made me a lot better and a lot stronger. 
I will never forget the people I have taught. I'm grateful for their faith in Jesus Christ to change their lives to accept God's will. My areas are like my babies. The members have become my family and my investigators have become my life. 
This being my last week, I learned so much. We had the opportunity to invite 4 people to be baptized, all of which are excited to make that covenant with the Lord. My companions taught me everything I needed to know for the rest of my mission and I know the Lord put us together for a reason. President Ames and I sat down for my final interview and we had a great discussion about my future, which was powerful and a most sacred experience for me. I love him. He's a servant of God and will always be a spiritual leader I look up to for the rest of my life.
I bear my witness that God lives. That Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. As his disciple I will forever strive to be like him. I know Joseph Smith restored the Fullness of the gospel to the earth. I know that the Priesthood is on the earth today for the Salvation of Mankind. I know that through the Priesthood, families can be together forever! What a wonderful gift! What an amazing gospel. I have let it change me and will continue to let it change me for the rest of my life. 
I love you with all my heart, See you Thursday, y'all! :)
XOXO-Sister Tawny Sylar
1. Everything is bigger in Texas. I did the King Kong burger challenge with all the elders on Tuesday. 2 buns, 4 meat patties, bacon, and cheese. SICK! Only 2 out of the 5 of us finished it. 
2. Got to play some guitar with one of my less actives for our last meeting
3. Merry Christmas, Y'all! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment