Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A full week of miracles!

My sweetest most treasured family! :)
Thank you so much for your emails this week. I love hearing from you, what you are up to, and how you are growing in your personal testimonies, etc. I've had a lot of time to reflect on my mission this last week for a letter I had to write to President Ames, it's been hard. But one thing I know for sure is that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has changed my life and I'm so grateful and proud of the person I have become, but I still have a lot to go! 
This week was amazing. It was short since I emailed you last so I don't have a ton of things to update you on. We had an amazing Mission Leadership Council on Friday. I learned so much from the other missionaries and from President Ames as we counseled about how we can lift our mission to a higher place. On of the greatest things I learned is how to correct someone out of love. It's something that I've always struggled with as a leader, but I want the mission to progress, so we all have to be open to receive constructive criticism to become better. I often have asked myself this week "Lord, is it I?"  There are a lot of things I still have to work on... patience, humility, etc. I'm grateful that the Lord is patient with me and strengthens me so I can overcome weaknesses.
Our ward Christmas party was on Friday night and there were non-members all over the place! The ward has really taken off in their missionary efforts and have invited so many people to learn about the gospel. All 5 of our investigators came and loved it. We did "Journey to Bethlehem" we helped our Ward Mission Leader make the decorations and the spirit was so strong as we walked from station to station learning about Mary and Joseph, the wise men, king Herod, the inn keeper, and how they all felt on the night the Savior was born. I've had a lot of time to reflect on the Savior and his life during these last couple days and I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to share the best gift I've ever been given with others this Christmas season!
We went over the the Stocker's last night to watch the Christmas Devotional with one of our Investigators, Jessie. She's so sweet and loves to call us "Sis" :) her parents are less active and are coming back to church. She really feels like she's at home when she comes to church and says she feels the love of God when she comes. We had our first lesson with her last night. After I shared the first vision, I asked what her feelings were and she said "peace" we invited her to be baptized on January 17th and she said yes. In her closing prayer she said "I don't want to be lead astray anymore and I pray that you will help me know if this church is true." She said one of the most sincere prayers I have ever heard and I'm grateful to witness her growth in the gospel already. I'm grateful for members who are involved in missionary work and do all they can to help people in their area receive the gospel. 
I love y'all with all my heart. I'm grateful for where I've been and where I'm going. I know the Lord will continue to bless us all as we live His gospel and follow His paths. I pray y'all have a safe and blessed week. 
LOVE YOU! :)
XOXO-Sister Sylar 
1. Cynthia (a LA who is coming back to church)
2. Quita and her kids with me :)
3. Jessie- She's so funny, I love her!


No comments:

Post a Comment