Monday, November 24, 2014

Carpal Tunnell for Days!!!

Good morning, Family!
Oh, it's always so great to hear from y'all and see how you are doing! Things are going amazing in Denton and I'm loving the area and my companions. Miracles are happening and I know the Lord is preparing so many people to receive the gospel in Denton in the coming months.
This week we had an amazing lesson with Quita and her kids. We taught her about the temple a little bit and she said "How do I get there?" and we told her that it's important that she keeps the commitments we leave so she can be baptized. She said "turn the water on warm, I'm running to it!" hahahah I love her excitement to get baptized by someone who hold the proper authority and she's willing to change to come closer to the Savior. They didn't make it to church, which is a bummer! But I know that we can help her resolve some of her fear so she can come to church, partake of the sacrament, and feel the spirit that is there. I love being a missionary! 
Although Quita and he family didn't come to church, we had another miracle happen. The bishop gave us a referral last week for a less active/ part member family. They showed up at church and LOVED it! They all said they felt like they were at home. They were already making plans to come back next week and we will start teaching them after this Thanksgiving week! I'm so excited for the miracles that are happening right now. I know it's because the faith of the members, missionaries, and the Texas Fort Worth Missionaries!
I had an amazing interview with President Ames this week. I told him that my "dying wish" is for him to come on exchange with me (Another sister told me she did that... so I tried it) IT WORKED! Hahah I get to go teach with President Ames on December 11 from 6-8 PM. I'm so excited to work arm in arm with him and feel the spirit he carries. I really love him and know that he's been called of God. Every promise he has ever given me has happened, according to my faith and his. He said "Sister Sylar, I'm excited to teach with you and set a baptism date." WOOOHOOO! Hold on Denton, Sister Sylar and President Ames are coming! ;)
I love y'all so much and hope you had a wonderful week just like I did! Remember who you are and share the gospel!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
XOXOX-Sister Sylar
P.S. Pictures are of:
1. Our country photo
2. I went on exchange with members without my companions! :) YEEEHAWW I love the Giblette's!
3. Contacting Picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment