Friday, October 10, 2014

Spiritual Exhaustion!

Hey family!
Holy cow, wasn't this conference weekend the best you've ever seen in 6 months? I wish y'all knew the power of the spirit to a missionary during conference. I receive so much inspiration and learn so much about what the Lord wants me to do personally and what I can do for my investigators to help them progress. We have 2 investigators right now and neither of them made it to conference, but that's okay. I know they will continue to learn and have the opportunity to watch it next time and often online in the next 6 months! :)
Something really cool is that I got an email from my former companion who went home last week and she said that Bryant White is in her ward! :) Haha she met him and told him that she knew me. It was really neat! I'm excited that he got to meet her because she's so funny! It's crazy to think all the missionaries I know are heading home and they are busy, alive, and well! 
This week was amazing. We received a referral from Headquarters on Monday for a single mom. Her friend put her name online and when we got it we contacted her right away. She was so open and was so sweet. We went back with a member and taught her about the Plan of Salvation because we felt prompted to. As we taught her all of the questions she had directly corresponded with the things we teach in that lesson. I'm grateful to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to bring souls to him. This is the greatest calling I've ever had! :) 
As we are working with our good friend.. "finding" we went and tracted the other day for about 2 hours. That wasn't fun! Haha  I haven't tracted like that on my mission ever! But the Lord did bless us and we met some great people who have potential for the future! Even if I don't see the fruits of it now, I know that these people will be prepared for missionaries in the future. I love that thought! 
I was reflecting on my mission so far the other day and how many people I have had the opportunity to teach and their excitement about getting baptized. I thought about their family's, their friends, and the people they love. I know that because they received the gospel, they will help others receive it as well. I'm grateful for the generations that will be blessed because of the people who are willing to accept the gospel as I have taught them!
I have the privilege as Sister Training Leader to go to Mission Leadership Council at the beginning of every month. The spirit is SO strong there, ever single time! The mission is moving forward! We are making changes over night and teaching real lessons to people who are ready for it! We have more faith now than ever. We are 99% obedient according to a survey we took last week. It's such a blessing to serve in the Texas Fort Worth Mission. The Best Mission in the WORLD! The Lord is blessing all his missionaries, especially me. I have learned so much and I'm willing to submit to the will of the Lord in all things! I love being a missionary, I love being a part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This is Christ's church and it's here because he wants us to return to live with him again. I know God lives! I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and he knows us personally. 
I love y'all and I pray that you will take what you learned in General Conference and resolve to be a little better. 
Have a blessed week, y'alll!
XOXOX- Sister Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment