Monday, October 13, 2014

My Family!!

Hello, I hope y'all had such a great week! It's been fun to read all your emails and hear from you! Can you believe I'm going to be an old 22 fart this week? :) I'm excited but sad I'm growing up so fast!
This week has been great as a missionary in the Denton ward! I'm seeing a huge change in the members and their excitement for missionary work! I love missionary work and can't wait to help the missionaries when I get home!
About 6 weeks ago President Ames invited us to read the Book of Mormon all the way through by October 16th. I finished it yesterday and it was so great! I learned so much! As I read I kept the question in mind "does God know me?" while I was reading I surprised that I wasn't marking as much as I thought I would be! But when I looked back at what I did mark this morning it had such a profound impression on me! I know that Heavenly Father knows us all personally! I know that he loves us and will call us by name! I was particularly impressed as I read Ether 2&3. The Lord talks to the Brother of Jared for hours about how he can construct the ship and have the faith to do it! I also love in 3 Nephi 11, when the Lord comes to the America's and lets everyone come to him one by one and feel the prints in his hands. I know that I've had personal spiritual experiences with the Savior multiple times that helps me know that he is the Son of God, my Savior, and Redeemer! If you have any doubt in your mind, seek to have the witness and read the Book of Mormon with a question in mind. I know that they will be answered! I'm so grateful for the gospel, I know it changes lives, including my own!
Sunday night Sister Meiners and I got to go to a BYD all about the Book of Mormon (which was a great crowning event to finishing it for myself!) As we listened to Bro. Martino share his testimony and conversion to the church and about the Book of Mormon, I felt the spirit so strongly. I continually pray to know that what I teach is true and I continue to get answers that it is! The youth all thought of someone in their lives that need the Book of Mormon and the gospel, they wrote down their testimonies and we are putting them in the books to take to their friends! Youth are such great missionaries, I know miracles will happen as they share their testimonies! 
We went and visited Melody the other day, our recent convert. She is doing so well! Her brother and sister are now investigating the church and she's being such a great example to them! We are so proud of her :) she told us that she had a boyfriend for a bit... and she broke up with him because he was taking her away from going to Young Women's and everything she wanted to attend in the church. WOW! What a great example to me of the importance of church and living the gospel to its fullness.
My exchange this week was with a brand new green missionary! :) Her name is Sister Levesque. I learned SO much from her. She's already such a great missionary and knows so much about the gospel! She taught with such great power and authority and she really taught simply. I'm grateful for the things I learned from her and hearing about her testimony as we served together. I laughed because she said "You know what I found out about you old missionaries? It's really hard to get to know you because you never talk about yourselves!" haha Hey! I'll take it, I'm in the service of my God! :) We also had an adventure cause we eat at the church often... we forgot to bring a pot to cook our lunch in and had to compromise with things at the church to make pasta roni. We found a tupper ware container and spoons... it still tasted great!
Well, those are the fun adventures of Sister Sylar this week! I hope y'all have a great week and seek opportunities to love people around you! 
XOXOX-Sister Tawny Sylar
P.S. we sang in Sacrament on Sunday, the spirit was so strong! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment