Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Tawn Tawn

Hello!
I hope y'all had a great week! I love getting your letters and hearing from you. Thank you for always supporting me in my calling as a missionary and I hope y'all know that you're in my prayers and thoughts often. I hope you're having missionary experiences as well!
This week has been pretty good. Sister Meiners and I are really working on trying to find some people to teach and the Lord blessed us with 2 new investigators this week! :) YAY! One of them was from a list that the missionaries before us left to go and see. She's really sweet and she has family in Montecello Utah who are members. She's been to church before and says she likes it. We are going back to teach her again on Tuesday. I pray that her heart with be open and she was very willing to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if what we taught was true!! There are people being prepared here, I know it!
We also met with a part member family last night where the husband is not a member. K.S. He's got a lot of the same views as us but thinks of them in different ways. He's open to learning more, but told us that he doesn't want to strengthen his faith in Jesus Christ (which makes no sense cause he wants to learn more) Haha. He also thinks he's the gate keeper for Heaven... which hopefully we can work that one out, too! Welcome to Texas!
I had the opportunity to go on exchange with one of the sisters I came out with this week. She's grown so much as a missionary, but still kind of struggles with talking about home a lot. That's hard for other missionaries because we are all trying to be consecrated and worry about the work. I pray that all the missionaries in the Texas Fort Worth mission will have an increased dedication to the Lord when they think of how they can be more consecrated. She's a great missionary and I love her so much.
I also had the great opportunity to go to Mission Leadership Council (MLC) again! I haven't been to one in about 13 months and it was so amazing! The spirit is so strong there and there are so many things that we're doing as a mission to be more effective and miracles are happening! We are trying so hard to find more people to teach and to find the elect! Keep us in your prayers, because we need them! I love  President Ames and I know that I was called to serve with him for a reason! What an inspiring man with so much dedication to his calling and to the Lord!
This week my sweet Sister Tanner had to go home :( It's been hard for me to grasp because she means so much to me and helped me grow so much when we served with each other. With her knee surgery, she didn't recover within the week she was supposed to. So she is back in good ol' Utah recovering. I know the Lord has a plan for her and I'm grateful to see that she's been okay with that plan. I'm grateful for all my companions and what they've done for me. I love them all!
I know that the Lord has blessed me with the opportunity to serve here in Denton. I'm grateful to be his servant, his hands, and as I understand more and more each day who I am representing, I know the lord will bless me so much.
I love y'all with all my heart. Have a great week and change some lives! :)
XOXOX- Sister Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment