Monday, September 15, 2014

It's fall ya'll!!

Howdy!
Y'all wouldn't believe it, but It's been 60 degrees here the last couple of days, I even had to wear a jacket! it's crazy how the weather is so great one week and changes instantly the next! It's starting to warm up again, but it's been such a tender mercy to have such great weather as a missionary the last couple of days! :)
This week has been absolutely great! We had interviews with President Ames on Tuesday, which is always a highlight of the transfer. I love to hear from him and the insight he has about how we can further the work in our areas! I talked to him a little bit about our struggle with finding new people to teach and how we can find them and he gave me some great insight! I'm excited to start working on some new creative finding ideas... my creative mind is able to work as a missionary! :) YEAH!
One of the amazing things we get to do in Denton is teach a lot of our less active members who are being prepared to have the lessons again! A couple weeks ago a member texted us and told us to come over because there was a less active who lived next door who was at her house! I was on exchange, so the missionaries went over and set up a time for us to come and teach her. I swear if she was an investigator she would be golden! :) She has such great questions, really has a desire to come closer to God, and wants to learn the lessons so she can know "What she's been missing out on" I know the Lord has prepared her to return to the fold of God. This is a miracle! I'm so grateful for what Heavenly Father is doing for us here.
Each week we get to go serve at Our Daily Bread. It's a church that feeds the homeless so we get to help make food and talk with people and a lot of the missionaries have found new investigators from it! :) Everyone knows the missionaries there and are so excited to see us when they come in on Tuesday mornings! I know these people have a great sight of who and what we do as missionaries! 
Yesterday we were visiting a less active who has been in the hospital for a long time. We went with some members and visited with her and shared about the resurrection. I know that we will all be perfected again someday and we will return to live with our Heavenly Father! :) I'm so grateful for that knowledge as well. When we were about to leave I had a prompting to ask her if she needed a blessing. I was nervous because I don't exactly know the situation, but I asked her if she wanted one. She said "YES! I need one really bad". Great thing we had an brother from the ward with us who was worthy to give a priesthood blessing. I can't even tell y'all how blessed we are to have the same power that Christ created the earth with here on the earth today!
It's been a rough week. We are really trying to work with the ward to find more people to teach and help strengthen them. I've never been in an area where I have to strengthen the members. It's tough. Last night, we were talking about our investigator M.S. I wish y'all knew how much love I have for her. It's amazing how quickly you can love someone as a missionary! She's been really trying to gain a testimony of Joseph Smith and Thomas S. Monson. Last night the Young Women's President took her to Standards Night for Young Women and M.S. loved it. She told the President that she is for sure getting baptized! But, she needs your prayers! She's a young girl and has had a hard past. We need support from the ward and faith that she will have the strength and answer to her prayers that she needs to be baptized!
I know the church is true. I know missionary work is hard, but we need YOUR help as members to make the work progress! We can't do it on our own. I'm so grateful to be serving in Denton. I love y'all and pray that you have some great missionary experiences this week!
XOXOX- Sister Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment