Monday, September 29, 2014

I'm gonna kill her!

Hey Family!
Don't get too scared about the title of this letter, because it's not bad. But we got transfer calls today and I'm going to kill my first companion. Killing... means that you're their companion when they go home. :) I'm excited cause Sister Meiners is such a great missionary and I learn so much from her every single day! :)
This week has been a little slow and long, but it's okay. I'm realizing how much I love serving in Denton and I'm so grateful for the time I have to be here and help the area grow. I know that there's so much potential here! We are going to have to start from scratch and start tracting to find people, which isn't ideal, but Sister Meiners and I need people to teach! Keep us in your prayers :) Good thing it's starting to cool down here, I love Texas! :)
A couple days ago we were driving to go and make M.S.'s baptism program and we drove past a house where a man was sitting in his garage. As we drove past I had this impression that we needed to go back and talk to the man that was in the garage. I made Sister Meiners pull over (good thing she is patient with me) and we walked back to his house.  He walked inside right when we got there so we knocked on the door and he looked through the window and said "Leave you brochure or whatever, I'm busy!" So.. we did just that. I wrote my testimony in the Book of Mormon because I knew we were sent there for a reason and we left a card with our number on it. I don't know if it had an impact on him, or why we needed to talk to him, but I do know that as we are obedient to the Lord we will be blessed in all things! :)
Saturday was such an amazing and spirit filled day as well. We didn't get out to proselyte, but we had the opportunity to go do a service project in the garden with some members of a Mega Church here in Town (Denton Bible) which I hear preaches against us very actively. It was neat to be a part of it and to see these people open up to learning more about us. I had the opportunity to witness the baptism of a 14 year old girl, Melody, Who I have grown to love so much as I serve her and teach her every week. She had such a change of heart really quickly. She's going to seminary, living the standards and sharing the gospel! You can always tell when someone is getting baptized who truly wants to follow the Savior and live the gospel. The spirit was so strong. We didn't expect many people at the baptism because there was a temple sealing, funeral, and the women's broadcast that day. But... the place was packed with no sitting or standing room. It was probably the most well attended baptism I have been to in my whole mission! :) She had so much support from family, ward members, friends, missionaries, and non members!
Funny thing about the baptism. Sister Meiners only turned on the hot water so when Melody got in she was like.. "This is sooooo hot!" and we were like.. "shhhh... get in the water!" When she came up the elders said you could see steam coming off her face. When she came out and we gave her a towel she said "I know what hell feels like" Bahahahahah! :) Over all, she was so happy and had a different spirit about her after the confirmation on Sunday. It's amazing how much the Lord blesses us to love the people we serve.
I love y'all. I'm so grateful for all you do for me and your prayers! You're in my prayers every day and I wish you well! No more trunky talk, okay? :) I'm consecrated and need to focus on being here in Texas.
XOXOXO- Sister Sylar

 

No comments:

Post a Comment