Monday, September 29, 2014

Amongst Miracles

Hey wonderful Family!
It's been an amazing week with a lot of trials and a lot of miracles at the same time. I'm just going to jump into it because I don't want to leave y'all hangin!
Last Sunday night I went to bed very discouraged because I felt like I was working hard and I had the faith that Heavenly Father would answer our investigators prayer about the church so she could get baptized on the 24th. While I had the faith, many others didn't and I felt as if the world was against me. I prayed and asked Heavenly Father to help me know if I was being realistic or just having false hope. I had an overwhelming feeling that he would answer my prayers and not to worry.
On Tuesday night we had a lesson with M.S., the investigator who is waiting for her answer. We took her on a tour of the church building and taught lesson 5 of Preach my Gospel, which went really well. She told us as we looked at the picture of Christ in the Americas that she knew the Book of Mormon was true. At the end of the tour we sat in the chapel and had a little discussion about baptism and how she can prepare herself. I said "M.S. have you received an answer to your prayers?" In response she said "Yes, I have. I prayed about it and got a really warm feeling in my heart." I got the dumbest smile on my face and she looked at me and said "Sister Sylar, why are you smiling so big?" Hahahah I just told her that I was so happy and I knew that Heavenly Father would answer her prayers. I know I haven't seen huge miracles like many missionaries. But I know this was a trial of my faith, and when I leaned on Heavenly Father and asked for his help, his will was done. This is a miracle to me! :) M.S. will be getting baptized this Saturday at 3 PM.
I'm so blessed to serve in a magnet ward for the ASL elders. I get to interpret music and songs for them once in a while and it's nice to use those skills again. Sister Meiners and I are also trying to get the members more involved in our work and it's so hard. We made a Missionary Tool "Don't Eat Pete" game and have been playing with the families and it has been working well! We are trying to get creative because the area has struggled for a long.
A couple of fun things this week! We got to help with Keep Denton Beautiful on Saturday and help in a garden with the community. I was on exchange with Sister Tilton. She's such a sweet missionary and so fun-loving! I learned a lot from her. 
Last week Sister Meiners and I had a light come on in our car saying our tire pressure was flat, we went and filled it and the next day we were driving down the road and kept hearing a thumping. At first we thought the road was just tough... then we realized the tire was flat! We pulled over and I started to change the tire and then a police man came to save the day! Thank heavens cause we were on our way to an appointment! Haha It was so funny, and the Lord knew we needed to be somewhere so he sent the cop to help us!
I'm so grateful to be a part of declaring the gospel every day. I know the Lord works through me when I am consecrated and obey him with exactness, it's such a blessing to be in the Texas Fort Worth Mission. President Ames is amazing, the missionaries are going forth, and we are working hard to find those who are prepared to receive the gospel!
I love y'all with all my heart and hope y'all have an amazing week! :)
XOXO-Sister Sylar
 
Tawny e-mailed me about a meat challenge she did. These first three pictures are of that :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment