Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Goodbye FloMo 1st- Hello Countryside Denton :)

Hey family! :)
It's been so great to hear from y'all this week and see the exciting things that y'all have been up to. It's been a great week for us and we were able to work hard and see many miracles happen. I truly love to be a missionary and see how the Lord makes us instruments in his hands.
Not too much exciting happened this week. On Wednesday I received a phone call from President Ames and he told me that I was being transferred to Denton. I am privileged and excited to help other sisters in their assignments as missionaries as I have been called to be a Sister Training Leader. :) I'm so excited, but I also know this is going to be a great learning experience and I will have the opportunity to grow for myself. A call to lead is a call to repentance and I'm ready to change! I enjoyed going to new leadership training with President and Sister Ames and learned more of my role and how I can show genuine love for the people I serve. I know the Lord has called me to be where I am when I need it most! Everything in my mission has helped me to become the missionary I am today and I'm so grateful.
J.T. came to church again on Sunday and felt the spirit so strong. We had a great sacrament meeting about temples and the importance of going often and how it's the house of the Lord. After, she stayed for gospel principles and got a blessing from our ward mission leader and another man in the ward. It was the most beautiful blessing I have ever heard given to one of God's children as she strives to live the word of wisdom more fully and learn of the truth of the gospel. I know that she felt the spirit and will continue to feel it as she learns more about the gospel.
I went on exchange with Sister Tanner in Southlake this week. It was really great to serve with her again and feel of her sweet spirit and love for missionary work. I have been so blessed to have her in my life. She's going through a lot of struggles right now and is having surgery in a few weeks, please keep her in your prayers. I know she's been in my thoughts and prayers recently and I know the Lord has a plan for her.
I love y'all with all my heart. I'm sorry this is short, but I have so much to do it's insane! Have a blessed week. Remember that I love y'all! :)
XOXOXO- Sister Sylar


No comments:

Post a Comment