Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The House of the Lord

Hey familia! :)
So great to hear all your fun news and experiences this week!! I hope y'all are doing well and want you to know that you're always in my prayers!
This week has been great. Not too many exciting things happened. We had the opportunity to teach the woman who someone referred to us. It was absolutely amazing and she had so many great questions about the gospel! We invited her to be baptized on the first lesson and she expressed to us that she's scared to have someone else dunk her in the water, she also thought that we would do it in a dirty lake. Hahaha but when we explained to her the way we do it by priesthood authority and that her friend who referred her to us could do it she seemed more open to the idea. We are still working with her and hopefully she will see the importance of following the Savior in being baptized. I know that's something I've come to understand much more on my mission.
Nothing too exciting has been going on other than that. We are meeting some great people and working hard every day! The weather was extremely nice the last couple days and now it's starting to get hot, so that's been quite fun! This morning I got to go to the temple for the first time in 4.5 months and it was so amazing to just feel the peace of the temple and the spirit. I know that we worship in the House of the Lord and are commanded to go often to learn from on high. I'm grateful for such an amazing place where the spirit can dwell. At the temple I also got to see some of the best members of the Keller 2nd ward (my first area) which was a blessing as well.
I've been reflecting often on the changes I have made in my life since I've come out on my mission. Daily scripture study, praying often, and attending church every single week. One of the principles we teach is enduring to the end. I know that as we continue to develop faith in Jesus Christ and live these gospel principles, we will be guided by the spirit in every aspect of our lives whether it be work or school or missionary work. I know that I've been sent to Fort Worth for a reason! I know there are people that have helped me become who I am and who have strengthened my faith in the gospel.
I love y'all so much. I'm grateful for each of you. Thank you for the prayers said on my behalf, I can feel them, they give me strength each day. Have a wonderful week!
XOXOX- Sister Tawny Sylar


No comments:

Post a Comment