Monday, July 14, 2014

Frog Legs in Texas! :)

Good Morning, y'all!
Thanks for your emails and pictures this week. Shout out to my Amy Lee! :) Congrats on getting married, I love you so much! :)
This week has been wonderful. It's been a bit rough getting into the swing of things for some odd reason, but I've learned so much. On Tuesday we had the wonderful opportunity to go to lunch with our investigator, J.T. She took us to a thai restaurant where Sister Coleman ordered frog legs so we ate some good frog... it looks like chicken and tastes like fish! :) It wasn't too bad, so I guess you can say I like frog! After lunch we took her on a tour of the church building, I wish y'all could experience these things with me because the spirit was so strong. As we sat in the relief society room she told us that it just "felt right" then as we sat in the chapel and discussed the sacrament and the importance of taking it and how it's all about the Savior, she said there was a different feeling. She described it as "washing your face with alcohol". I've never thought of it that way, but it really just leaves a cleansing feeling.
Another awesome experience I had was eating dinner with a family we have never eaten with before. The reason it was cool is because as we were studying for the lesson we would teach them that morning I had an overwhelming feeling that there's someone in their lives they could share the gospel with. At dinner, as I expressed this feeling I had with them the spirit came into the room and they got excited to start doing more missionary work and to find the family or friend that they had in their lives to share the gospel with. I've never had an experience where I got to tell a member what I felt, but I know that as I shared that with them- the spirit will prepare them to look for that one person who is ready for the gospel!
I want to share an experience with you that I had just this morning. I told y'all about the woman and her daughters who came to church who feel compelled to learn more about the gospel. They have been cancelling our appointments and we haven't had the opportunity to teach them yet because we're not sure where they live and they've been busy. This morning, Sister Coleman and I both slept through the alarm and slept passed our exercise time, luckily I woke up before we were supposed to begin our studies. I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but it is when you're a missionary because you know that exact obedience brings miracles! As I got down on my knees this morning and earnestly prayed to be forgive of my shortcomings and prayed for forgiveness, I asked the Lord to help me feel of his love and mercy toward me. When I got off my knees and started studying, this family called and said they want to meet this week and she told me that she is "probably going to join the church". I know the Lord is merciful toward us. He knows our weaknesses and is striving to help us become better each day (Ether 12:27) He will forgive us as we have faith in him and ask sincerely to be forgiven! The atonement is real- our Savior payed the price for our sins and is waiting for us to come to him.
I'm so grateful to be on a mission for our Heavenly Father and our Savior. I know that this is the true church and it's the same church the Christ established when he was on the earth. I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knew we needed the gospel in our lives. I know that as we continue to search the scriptures and feel of the spirit in our lives daily, we will see the hand of the Lord more abundantly. I hope y'all have a great week! :) Be safe and know that I love you!!!!
XOXOXO-Sister Tawny Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment