Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Sometimes you gotta Sweat!!!

The Texas heat and humidity is here and Sister Sylar is a HOT MESS :) HAHA
I hope y'all had a great week. Ours was really great and we were able to see so many miracles take place. I'm grateful for the time I have to spend seeing these little miracles happen each day as a missionary.
We had a wonderful lesson with R.A. this week. She's so sweet... She's leaving for 2 months in a couple of days and we are so sad to see her go! But I know that her testimony will continue to grow and she will learn so much from her friend and hopefully we can stay in contact with her every once in a while. She knows the gospel is true and wants to get baptized, but feels like she needs to know more before she can make that commitment. The greatest thing about her is I know she was sent to me for a reason, she's taught me more than I could ever teach her. Her faith is amazing, her spiritual growth has taken a rocket to the moon and she's accepting the gospel and embracing it!
We got to take one of the investigators Sister Chantry and I found through some service on a church tour this week. M.S. she's so cute and one of my favorites! (like all my investigators, but still) she goes to a Baptist mega church and feels like she gets lost in there. But it was amazing to take her to church on Sunday and see that after sacrament meeting the ward swarmed her to say hi. I hope she doesn't run away and just knows that we do it out of love for our fellow brothers and sisters! :) She had a big smile on her face the whole time and it just made me so happy to see that! I pray that she may be open to learning more and accepting the gospel.
Our members are the best missionaries in the world! Out of our 7 dinners this week I think 5 of them had friends over so we could teach! :) It was so amazing to see the great work that they're doing and I still continually pray that they may see success in their missionary efforts. It's not about my success, but theirs! We also got to take a recent convert, F.R., to President Ames fireside on Sunday night. Holy Cow, I wish you could see his dedication to the gospel and hear his testimony. I'm so grateful to be serving alongside President Ames. He's a powerhouse!
This week I was reading a talk by Elder Bednar called bear up their burdens with ease:
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/04/bear-up-their-burdens-with-ease?lang=eng
As I was reading this article I learned so much more about the atonement. It's true, sometimes we think we know all we need to know about the atonement, but there're always other aspects that we need to know. This week it was exactly what I needed. I learned that the atonement is what strengthens us and gives us spiritual traction for our faith! I know that the Lord died for each of us and because of that we can be made stronger, we can last longer through trial and we can help others on their journey to happiness. I love this gospel with all my heart. I know it's true and I'm grateful to be sharing it every day. My time is short as a disciple of Jesus Christ, and I know the Lord is with me at all times to bring me to those people who need their burdens lifted and to raise the hands that hang out.
I love y'all and hope you have a great week! :)
XOXOXO- Sister Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment