Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Our Savior's Love

Howdy y'all!
It's been a great and challenging week this week. I'm sure every missionary can attest to that as transfers came and went and we all have our new companions! Getting used to a new companion is always tough but the Lord always provides away! :)
Sister Coleman is amazing. She has so much faith and is such a great hard worker. She's been out on her mission for about 4 months and is really excited to be in Flower Mound with me! We've already seen so many miracles since she's been here.
The only thing constant in life is change, I'm recognizing that more than ever as a missionary! Heavenly Father has a plan for everything and for everyone. As we were teaching a lesson to an investigator at a member's home last night we were talking about how much Heavenly Father loves all of his children and that's why he restored the gospel to the earth. An amazing sister in our ward talked about Heavenly Father giving up his son to be rejected, beaten, and hung on the cross for our sins. What a great sacrifice God was willing to make so we could come to the earth! I know this can mean a lot to a mom who has a missionary out. (right mom?) They understand just an ounce of what Heavenly Father felt when he let Christ come down to the earth. My parents sent me out here, knowing I would be rejected, hurt, and go through trials. But the sacrifice is still not as great as that of the atonement of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
I spent a lot of time on my knees this week, begging for answers to questions for myself and our investigators. I know that I have been strengthened by the Lord to do his work and as I have faith in him, he will always be there to guide us. "Trust in the Lord with all thy heart and lean not unto thy own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths" (Proverbs 3:5)
Our mission is going forth! We are seeing miracles happen, people entering into covenants with our Father in Heaven! The members in Fort Worth Texas are doing their missionary work and many have been brought to the gospel because of it! I, fortunately, am able to be a part of it too! To see their success, and hear their experiences of answering questions about the gospel. We had the opportunity to go to a young women's recital of her own songs on Saturday afternoon. She invited many of her friends to the church and most of her songs were religious. The youth are great missionaries here in Flower Mound and they're not scared to share their faith! One line especially stuck out to me. I don't remember the words exactly but it went along the lines of "It's the last quarter of the last game and God has put me in". We're all going to face trials and see persecution as we live our faith, but I know that God loves us and he's saved us for a time when the strongest were needed to share the gospel and show our faith!
I love y'all so much. I hope you have a great week.
XOXOX,
Sister Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment