Monday, May 12, 2014

Texas, Fort Worth!!

Hey y'all! If only you knew how much faith can be instilled in a missionary when they hear their family cheering them on! :) Thank you so much for the phone call, it was amazing to hear y'all's voices and see how things are going!
Last week was pretty busy and fun! We are doing our best to make effective use of our time and some ladies in the ward put on their neighborhood social media website that they need people to feed us and people who are looking for service to be done. So we got to go and help 2 women this week with their yard! Tuesday we spent about 5 hours doing service and my body was so tired by the end of it I wanted to pass out on my bed! But we went on our way to share the gospel and find people to teach! :) I know the Lord is blessing me with strength mentally, physically, and spiritually because I know I've never worked this hard in my life! The reward is wonderful though, I love sharing the gospel with God's children!
On Monday we did family home evening with this amazing family who's daughter is getting ready to be baptized and their little friend whose mom is less active is listening to the discussions so she can prepare to be baptized, too! At the end of the lesson we were talking about bread... (I don't know how that came up) and they pulled out a couple slices of Grandma Sycamore bread and gave them to me! I devoured that bread like candy! There are some things in Utah that y'all should be happy to have! ;)
We are also working with a less-active/part member family who is super receptive to the gospel and trying their best to make things work. Their mom passed away recently, I think I shared that with you, and the dad is the only non-member in the house. It's been a blessing to see them build their testimonies of the Plan of Salvation a little stronger every day. The dad also stayed for Sunday School for the first time ever! He invited us over to eat with them on Mother's day, so we got to eat some of his good salmon and help the family a little bit more. I hope that his heart will be softened and one day he will receive the gospel! I just know he will. We had zone training and were trained on how we can help improve the work in the Texas Fort Worth Mission! I love getting together with other missionaries and receiving revelation from the Lord on the things we can do to help others! President Ames is so inspired and such a diligent disciple of Jesus Christ. He is an example to me and all the missionaries and I know he's been called of God, just as I have!
Oh! I forgot to tell you that we took cookies over to the lady who hit our car! She was so nice and we are hoping to go back to help her with some service in the next week or 2. It's funny because Sister Chantry and I both had a feeling that we needed to go over to her house after she hit our car and as we followed that prompting she was very receptive to talking to us for a few minutes!
I know the Lord is preparing people in our lives to hear the gospel and accept it. I know that those who didn't have the opportunity to hear it in this life are getting the opportunity now because so many people are doing their temple work! I know that Heavenly Father is aware of all his children and is willing to bless us as we obey and have faith in him.
I hope y'all have a great week. I love you with all my heart!
XOXOXO from Texas and back-
Sister Tawny Sylar


No comments:

Post a Comment