Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Howdy, Ya'll!!!

My greatest family in the world!
It's been great to hear how your week has been. Mine has been really great. I'm excited to share some fun things with you! I hope your missionary work is going as well as mine is :)
This week we unexpectedly got a call on Thursday from the Assistants to the President telling us that Sis. Chantry is going to Killeen (Military Base) to finish training a missionary! I'm so excited for her. She will do an amazing job. I am very sad to lose her, she's been so fun to serve with but I know the Lord needs her to find people who need the gospel in Killeen! I get to stay in Flower Mound! I'm so excited to serve the people here and work with the ward longer! My new companion is Sis. Coleman. She's been out about 4 months and I'm nervous! I've never had a companion who has been out shorter than me. But it will be a great experience to see the faith that she has and the miracles the Lord has in store for us and his children as we serve together.
We had an amazing experience on Friday of teaching R.A. She's such an amazing daughter of God who has been prepared to receive the gospel. She was praying about Christ to know whether he was a prophet or the Savior, she grew up Jewish and she felt that it was time for her to know for herself. When we got to the lesson we had plans to help her understand who the Savior was and how she can come to know he is the Son of God. What actually happened is she the spirit taught her of the truthfulness of the Savior. When she realized that she had used the atonement in her life and it became personal to her, we realized she has a testimony of the Savior and you could literally see a light brighten her countenance. She got a big smile on her face and she knew it was true! I'm so blessed to see these miracles happen every day! She is asking her dad for permission to get baptized in the next few days and I know with diligent prayer and faith the Lord will provide a way- whether it be now or in the future.
As I've been going about my week I've realized that I've been on my mission for a long time. I look back at the trials I faced when I first came out. I wasn't humble, happy or willing to do the Lord's work. I look at the person I am now and see that I try to humble myself, I'm happy and willing to do what the Lord wants me to do and it will always be a desire of mine to share the gospel! I like to think of my mission life as the Plan of Salvation. Before I came out I spent months, if not years preparing myself to come to the Texas Fort Worth mission and share the gospel that brings me so much happiness. While I've been in Texas I've learned, grown and achieved so much personally and I've helped others learn about the gospel. In time (not much, may I add) I will be coming home, to loving parents who have taught me so much. We are so blessed to not remember what happened in the pre-earth life! Don't get me wrong, it would be amazing to remember living with our loving Heavenly Father. But it would make us take this life for granted. We would always be wanting to return to his love and comforting arms. As a missionary, it would all be so much easier if we didn't remember our pre-mission life. Sometimes distraction comes easily until we get lost in the Lord's work. I know that as I live this short period in my life I will learn so much. My testimony and knowledge of the gospel has already grown beyond what I could ever imagine! I'm grateful for the time I have to serve the Lord. I'm grateful to say exactly what Moroni proclaims in the Book of Mormon- 3 Nephi 5:13 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life".
I hope y'all have a great week. Remember who you are and share the gospel by word and example! I love you with all my Texas heart.
XOXO,
Sister Tawny Ann Sylar
P.S. The pictures are of the wedding of one of our Active/Part Member- Less active family's in the ward :) Missionaries came because they've taught the groom as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment