Monday, May 5, 2014

Happy Mother's Day Week!! :)

First of all I just want to say Happy Mother's day to all the great mom's I have out there, especially my Mama, she's the best of the best, wouldn't you agree?

It's been such a great week here in Flower Mound. We have been working on trying to find new people to teach and hoping that we can continue to work on finding more people and sharing the gospel! We are working a lot with the ward members and have seen the most success working with them!

There's a family in the ward, a part member family, whose mom just passed away and the dad isn't a member. We called him on Monday and when we told him it was the missionaries he said "No way, you're kidding! Do you have dinner tonight or tomorrow? Will you come eat with us?" And then he asked us "Can you teach a lesson afterwards?" And we were like.. of course! I asked him if he would like us to share the Plan of Salvation with he and his family and he said "My children just lost their mom so whatever would help them with that" and I bore witness that I know it can help because it's helped me through the passing of my grandma and grandpa. After he took a moment of silence he came back on the line and said "That would be great" and I could tell he was crying. I know that as we went to share with their family the plan of Salvation the spirit was testifying of the truth of it. I hope he can continue to teach them and bring their family the gospel in it's fullness.

We also had Stake conference this week which was absolutely amazing! Especially as we talked about the Work of Salvation. Our recent convert got to share his conversion story and one of the elders got to talk about how us as missionaries and members can work together in bringing souls to Christ! I know the Lord is hastening his work and we have to be prepared to help him hasten it! :)

This mother's day, I am especially grateful for the example of my angel mom. She's such a great woman. I remember as I was growing up, and this is something that's been on my mind as I've thought about mother's day, I would walk into the room and find her praying to our Heavenly Father on her knees. What an amazing example she is to me of the woman I want to become and the testimony I want to have!! I hope y'all have a great Mother's Day and a great week! I love y'all! XOXO- Sister Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment