Monday, April 7, 2014

Tawny didn't title this one hehe :)

Hola! :)
Howdy?
Man, I'm starting to get my Spanish and English mixed up... oh, wait... am I an English speaking missionary? You bet I am! The language I speak is the spirit! ;) It's been so great to hear from y'all this week. Thank you for your uplifting emails and the update on y'alls lives! I love to hear how things are going. This week was very good. Sister Porter and I are starting to work with our members more closely and it's been such a blessing. It just feels right to sit down with them and help them understand that we are all in this together and we're here to help them, too! There are so many people who are prepared for the gospel in the area I'm serving in and I'm grateful to be a part of the work of Salvation, especially to be here in Fort Worth. There are hard time and easier times, but I know that God's hand is in all of it.
Katie had her baptism interview this last week and.. SHE PASSED! She will be getting baptized on Saturday night. Keep her in your prayers. She's the first person I've taught from beginning to end and it's been such a blessing to see her change. She completely gave some things up so she can be a part of this amazing gospel and receive the blessings that come with it! She's such a great example of faith to me and I love it! I hope to see her continue to progress in the gospel even after baptism.
We have been working with a less-active and part-member family since Sister Tanner was here and are starting to teach her husband and kids. It's going to be a slower process, but they are so prepared! Keep the McDonald family in your prayers. I know good things are to come! I also want to share what happened with Prince this week. We went over for a lesson on Thursday and he's decided that he's not ready to be baptized yet. This is such an admirable quality that I love about Prince, he wants to be completely committed before he does anything. I know that someday he will accept the gospel, but for now he wants a break from us coming over. Please keep him in your prayers, I know he can use them at this time!
We went and taught Sharon this week as well.. do you want to know what she said? "When I get baptized..." AH! Then she went on to tell us that she knows it's true and she can't deny it. She watched General Conference and loved it. She said there was nothing in it that didn't make sense or she didn't understand. I'm grateful for the spirit helping us understand things as an answer to prayers! I'm grateful for Sharon's faith and willingness to continue learning more. She talks to missionaries on Facebook all the time and it's helped us out a ton! I know that it's going to be a wonderful opportunity when we get to use facebook and the internet as a proselyting tool!
General Conference as a missionary is always the best thing that can happen all week! We watched it with a member on Saturday Morning and had an investigator, Jeanette, come. She loved it! She wanted to go home and watch all of it. We missed the first 40 minutes of it cause we had it paused and then the channel changed. I was upset and Sister Porter started crying... Hahah I hate to laugh, but it's so funny because we were upset but yet, right after the session we were able to get on lds.org and watch the first 40 minutes again. What a blessing technology truly can be! I loved so many of the conference talks. But I think the one thing that stuck out to me most is how often the General Authorities talked about "this is not the end, but it's only the beginning of eternity." I pondered what they had said, and had the time to think about Grandma and Grandpa Terry. I know they are here on the Errand of Angels with me, teaching about the gospel so others beyond the veil can accept it.
I love y'all and hope you have a great week!
Xoxox,
Sister Tawny Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment