Monday, April 14, 2014

PINK WASHHHH!!!

Hey Family!
Are you ready for some exciting news? I get to pink wash an area! If you are unfamiliar with that lingo... I get to take over an area where elders were serving this transfer. My new companion is in my district right now. All of this is unexpected. But I'm so excited for the adventures that will follow! I know the Lord has a lot of work for me to do in Lewisville/Flower Mound. It will be a wonderful experience. I'm grateful for the trust the Lord has put in me to do His work! What a crazy ending to such a wonderful area. I feel like I didn't get to spend enough time in River Trails or with Sister Porter. But I know that the lord has another plan! Onward, Christian Soldier.
This week has been really great. I got to go on exchange with my Sister Training Leader... Sister Bingham! Yes, my old companion. It was so great to go and see how missionary work is in her area and the things they do to keep the work going. It's great to see her grow as a missionary and I'm grateful for the time I got to serve with her in Keller, she truly has helped me become the missionary I am today.
Sister Porter is training a new missionary in our area starting on Wednesday! I'm so excited and happy for her. It's her first time training and I know she will be wonderful at it! She had some meetings and I got to go work with the other sisters in my district while she went there. But... long did I know that one of those other sisters is my companion for this transfer! Her name is Sister Chantry. She is so funny and I'm so excited to work with her a little more one on one. She's a great missionary and has been in her current area for 7 months! Woof. Hahah That's a long time!
Saturday Morning we were able to go to the temple and witness C. B. (Recent Convert) do baptisms for the dead. It was so rewarding to see him scan his temple recommend as a worthy member of the true church. He said he really felt the spirit, that's part of the reason he joined the church... because he learned about baptisms for the dead! He also got to speak at President Ames Fireside last night and bore his testimony about the truthfulness of the gospel. Now I know how it feels when I make mom proud... I'm so proud of him and his growth in the church!
K.K. was baptized on Saturday! Her mom flew into town just to watch her get baptized. It was so awesome! Her mom was crying and she cried a couple times while we did the musical number and after her confirmation on Sunday. The spirit was so strong, I know they felt it! I know that she's so happy because of the changes she's made to her life to be a part of the gospel. What a great church we are a part of! I'm so grateful for it.
Well... that's the week of Sister Sylar. I'm so grateful for the time I've had to serve in River Trails. I know the Lord had a reason for me to be here and has a reason for me to go to Flower Mound! I know that the Lord Lives! He died for us and he broke the bands of death. Because He lives, we will live too! :) Happy Easter. I love y'all!
With all my Texas Heart,
Sister Sylar


No comments:

Post a Comment