Thursday, April 24, 2014

Flower Mound

Hello wonderful family! :)
I don't even know where to start about this week. It's been quite an adventure but very nice for me to grow and learn the new area and work with Sister Chantry. She is so funny and fun to work with. I know the Lord has put us together for a reason!
It was tough to say goodbye to River Trails and Sister Porter, but I know they are doing amazing things there and the work is progressing. Now it's time to get Flower Mound on the road! We live outside of our area and it's about a 2.5 mile walk to get there. We got an elder's car... and they used all the miles. So right now we are walking a lot and asking members for rides. I have some pretty cute missionary tan lines and I'm loving it! :) Haha
The ward is absolutely amazing and so missionary minded! It reminds me a lot of Keller and I know I'm going to get attached to the members very quickly! Many of them have sister Missionaries serving right now. So it's been fun to get to know them better. There has only been 1 convert baptism in this area in the last 3 years! But, there are so many people who are ready for the gospel. It's going to happen! Even if we are just planting the seeds for the area to grow.
When we got here on Wednesday we had to area map, no car (we are out of miles) and no food. We were stranded in our apartment for about 2 hours because our phone didn't work either. We had to wait for the Zone Leaders to come and bring our stuff and the other sisters to bring our area map and ward roster. Haha that was really funny. It's not fun to be unproductive when you want to be productive in a new area. But right after we got the information, we were off to work!
The first day I accidently shut Sister Chantry's head in the Freezer and then about 5 minutes later I walked into the freezer door. I'm pretty much still accident prone, don't worry! I haven't changed much! Hahah
Our recent convert, F.R. Is really awesome! He was found by a former bishop who he's renting his house from. He learned and got baptized in 3 weeks! We met him for the first time at church yesterday. Then we only have 1 investigator- G.T. He's so awesome! I guess he walked into the church a couple weeks ago and said "My friend is always happy and I came here to see why he's always happy" pray for his mom, her heart needs to be softened a little bit more before he can be baptized! Yesterday at church, during Sacrament the bishop got up and said "This is a happy day for the Flower Mound 1st ward, we have our own set of Sister Missionaries!" Haha the ward is so excited to have us here and we are getting bombarded with food and sweet people!
At the end of church after Relief Society, one of the members pulled us out really quickly and introduced us to his daughter and her friend. His daughter said "This is my friend... she wants to have the discussions"... I never thought missionary miracle stories happened, but they really do! We set an appointment to teach her on Tuesday night. I'm so excited to see who the Lord has and will continue to prepare to hear the gospel. Mostly our missionary work here will be helping the members and hopefully teaching their friends!
I hope y'all really enjoyed your Easter Sunday We cracked confetti eggs on each other in the morning and then got ready for church. I know that this Easter was a special one for me. I got to study even more in depth about the life of the Savior and his sacrifice and his resurrection. I felt the spirit stronger than I ever have before. I know the Savior Lives. I know he loves each and every one of us. I'm so grateful for his atonement and that because of Him we can live with our Heavenly Father forever after this life. I'm a disciple of Jesus Christ now and forever. What a great opportunity I have!
I love y'all! Hope you have a great week!!
XOXOX-Sister Sylar


No comments:

Post a Comment