Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Breakin' out the Bikes!!

Hey my favorite and most loved people on earth! :)
Thanks for all the emails and pictures this week, I really appreciated them and loved looking at all of them and reading about how y'all are doing!
This week was really good, we broke out the bikes and only have 2 more days left of not having any miles! I can tell you one thing, I better be losing this Texas 10 lbs for all the workouts in the morning and bike riding during the day. It's icky to show up at a members house with your hair drenched in sweat! But, thank heavens, they love us anyway! :)
Thing went really well this week. We started teaching a new investigator, R.A. she's a young woman in our ward's friend who is looking for a church right now. We have taught her at the member's home 2 times and the spirit has been so strong. On the first lesson, we were able to invite her to be baptized and she accepted the invitation! So as we keep teaching her we are hoping that her testimony grows and we can set a date for her to make that sacred covenant. The second time we taught her the Plan of Salvation. At the end of the lesson I asked her what she thought about the plan our Heavenly Father has for us and she said "This is so beautiful, it's the happiest thing I've ever heard." I know the Holy Ghost is testifying to her of the truthfulness of the message that we share. I'm so grateful for the members here in Flower Mound and the opportunity I have to work with them and help them with their missionary efforts! It's a very different way of working here, but it is so wonderful and worthwhile, even if we are just planting seeds!
We had dinner with a family who is brother's with a family in Keller that I served with! :) It was so awesome to hear how they're doing and what's going on in the Keller area! Whoo! Things are going so great and I'm so grateful that the Lord is using us (Texas Fort Worth missionaries) as an instrument in his hands! Our ward council is amazing. As we sat down and talked yesterday, we took an hour discussing how they could help us find service opportunities and they could help us find people to teach. They are trying to get the members to ask their friends to feed us, which would be SO cool! I will have to give y'all an update about what happens with that! We also did a lot of service this week and we found out that is one way to find some great people to teach!
We helped a woman with MS paint her bedroom and do some yard work and on Saturday we got to go help with "Keep Flower Mound Beautiful" and paint the outside of a disabled vet's home. It was really cool. We were the last ones there and were talking to the owner of the house for a little bit. She asked "Why are y'all called sisters" So we got into a great gospel conversation and gave her a Book of Mormon. It's small and simple things that help us share the gospel with those around us! I wish I would have realized that more when I was at home.
I know that God lives, he loves us! I know he has a plan for every single one of his children. I know that as we strive to be good examples and disciples of Jesus Christ, the Lord will open the hearts and minds of those we love so we can share the happiness we have with them! I'm grateful for my mission. I have had the opportunity to gain such a great relationship with my Savior and learn more about him. I hope y'all have a blessed week and can't wait to hear from you soon!
XOXOXOX- Sister Sylar


No comments:

Post a Comment