Monday, March 3, 2014

The Stars at Night...

Hello Wonderful Family! Thank you so much, again, for your emails and love and support! I'm so grateful to have y'all in my life to keep me going each day! This week has been wonderful! We had lots of opportunities to serve and teach people the gospel! We got our transfer call last Monday night and also couldn't sleep after the call. I love President Ames, his testimony seriously touches my heart and makes me want to become a better missionary. I know he's been called as a servant of the Lord to help me in my missionary work! Sister Tanner is leaving me and Sister Porter will be my new companion! I'm so excited to serve with her. I've met her before and she's such a sweet heart, I know the area will flourish with her testimony! One of the worst things about transfers is saying goodbye to a companion who you have grown to love so much. I truly and grateful for the time I've had to serve with Sister Tanner. Her testimony has strengthened mine and her hard work has rubbed off on me. I love her and know she will do amazing things in her next area! I know the Lord knows each of us personally because of the companions he has sent me! I'm surprised they've been able to put up with me ;) But they have taught me more about the person I want to become! I went on exchange with 2 sisters in our district on Friday, that was really fun. We met a lady in our area who wouldn't take the card I was trying to give her... and for some reason I wouldn't take no for an answer. So I tried to persuade her and she kept saying no. So... the clever missionary I am, I said "Can we share a scripture with you?" And she said "YES! come into my apartment." Haha she wouldn't take a card, but she let us share a message of the gospel with her. I'm grateful that the spirit softened her heart and I hope it taught her about how important the gospel truly is. Here's the funny part. After we shared she said "God told me I need to sing you a song" We got a good 5 minute gospel song about Charity. Hahaha what a funny and great experience, oh how I love Fort Worth! Liz and Blake Holland are preparing to be baptized this upcoming Saturday! They are so wonderful and are so excited to be a part of the true church! Blake bore his testimony yesterday and said "It's surreal that I'm finally getting baptized this Saturday after years of waiting". I know that the Lord knows where we are needed and missionaries and when! I'm so grateful for the miracle I have seen take place with them! What a wonderful calling I have! Gretchen, our recent convert, also bore her testimony for the first time yesterday! She's so cute and loves the gospel. She just received a calling to be a ward missionary and comes out on exchange with us about 2 times a week! What a dedicated new convert! I'm so grateful to be a servant of the Lord, a disciple of him and His hands on the earth today! I know God lives, I know he loves us each individually. I'm grateful for all I have and all y'all and your support. Have a wonderful week! With all my love from Texas, Sister Tawny Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment