Monday, March 24, 2014

Onward Christian Soldiers

Hey Fam Bam!
It seems like the weeks are getting tougher in the area I'm serving in! But we are working through it. Right now we are trying to start from the bottom and build up. Bottom, meaning finding new people that the Lord puts in our paths to receive the gospel. It as a tough week emotionally for me, but I know that through the storm, there is always a rainbow. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us this upcoming week. I know that as we continue to be obedient and work hard we will see miracles!< br/> A couple things I can share with you this week that have really opened my eyes. The first being... my attitude! You may think this is strange, but attitudes are everything on the mission. Every morning it's tough to get out of bed when you're tired and get motivated to go out and talk to people who sometimes don't want anything to do with you. (Sometimes they see you and run inside :) ) Hahah I don't know why, I think we are pretty cute. We got called "Fly lookin' missionaries" the other day! I've realized, as I have multiple times in my life, that my attitude effects the work I'm doing and it's something that I need to continue working on so we can be happy and motivated to see the people who need the gospel! The best part of missionary work is teaching, and you only spend about 2 hours a day teaching.. maybe more if we have more appointments.
Our area is doing really well, there are many prepared people. But we are also seeing that the people we are working with aren't progressing or making an effort to progress. My heart grieves for them as we continue to teach them and try to let them know the blessings of the gospel. I know that the Lord is preparing knew people and as we continue to work with those that are struggling, he will help them. He has the master plan. He's the master of all truth. We also get the wonderful opportunity to go to the temple with Chris on Saturday while he does baptisms for the dead! It's a new mission rule and I'm so excited to support him in making that next step and going to the temple! It will be a neat experience. Katie is now getting baptized on April 12th so her mom can fly in from Philidelphia to see. It will be really great to meet the woman who brought up such a fun-loving woman that we are teaching! The other night... we went to teach her and she wanted to play with her make-up on my face. After that she put a mask on my face and I had to teach a lesson while it was cracking off... I guess there's a first for everything, right? ;)
Sister Porter has taken it upon herself to talk during her sleep the last couple nights. It's so funny. I wake up to her laughing hysterically and she told me that last night she knew she was in a dream and we were teaching a lesson... so I think she almost started teaching a lesson in her sleep. Probably because we were so emotionally and physically tired this week.
Thank you for your prayers for me, our investigators and my area! I know the Lord is answering them and we are seeing miracles happen every day. Although sometimes we get discouraged, I know that the Savior has felt the same thing. I'm grateful for his sacrifice and I always remember that His grace is sufficient!
http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=1966 This is such a great article about the atonement! Look it up and I promise you will feel the spirit as you read it!
I love you, I hope you have a wonderful week! Y'all are always in my prayers!
XOXOXO- Sister Sylar


No comments:

Post a Comment