Monday, March 31, 2014

Here comes the Bride!!

Hey family!
This week has been a great week! Things are going well and we are starting to work with the members more. It just feels right to do that! I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be serving in the River Trails ward with such amazing people. It truly is such a blessing to be on the Lord's errand! We had the opportunity to go to Katie's wedding on Wednesday. We went to Arlington (right by the Cowboy's stadium) to the courthouse and were there to support along with his brother. It was very neat, but hopefully they will have the chance to be sealed in the temple for all eternity after Katie gets baptized and she's been a member for a year. I pray that that's the goal for the people we are teaching! :)
We discovered that Felicia has moved out of our area! That's okay, though! We sent her information to the missionaries in her area so they can teach her! That would be so awesome to receive a referral who was so prepared to be baptized. I hope that she continues to grow and learn more about the gospel so she can take the first step to return to live in God's presence again someday.
One thing I love about missionary work is I get to do service and get in jeans every week! We serve at the Salvation Army once a week and then this week we did service for a member and raked her leaves. There were so many our whole district of missionaries was able to come and help out. It took us 3 hours and we didn't even get to finish. Sister Bingham was on exchange so she got to do the service with us. It was so great to see an old companion and how much she's grown, too! :) I love being a missionary!
One of the hardest things lately has been the news of Grandpa and Grandma Terry and their passing. I know that the Lord has a plan for his children. I probably sound like a broken record, but he really does! I know that Grandma and Grandpa are teaching the gospel right now. Being missionaries just like they were while they were here on the earth. I'm grateful for a merciful God who was willing to give us a Savior so we could return to live with him again. This gospel can bless so many of us and so many lives. I know it can, I've seen it happen! I hope y'all have a great week. Keep being missionaries and remember that I love you! :)
Xoxox- Sister Sylar


No comments:

Post a Comment