Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Fam Bam!




Hey Family! J
It’s been quite the week here in Texas! The weather was really hot and is finally starting to warm up! What a blessing, I hope it stays this way for a while cause I don’t miss the Texas cold, it goes right through you!
Our area is doing really well as always, the only thing that really stinks is so many of our appointments are falling through and it’s embarrassing when you have a member with you! Haha don’t worry, we always plan to have other people to teach so we keep the work going and stay busy! I don’t know how I’m still going, after 9 months you’d think I’d be burnt out, but I’m like the energizer bunny! I know the Lord is giving me the strength to do His work!
Last week we met a super elect young lady, her name was Brittany. We went and taught her on Saturday after we got caught in a huge rain storm and were drenched from head to toe! The lesson was so amazing and the spirit was strong. She decided she wanted to come to church on Sunday, so we arranged for a member to go and pick her up. We had also talked to her mom before and taught her about the restoration. Early Sunday morning we woke up to a text that said neither of them were interested and we had to cancel the ride and just move on with hope that Heavenly Father will send us more people to teach! Either way, I know that a seed has been planted and I hope some day Brittany and her mom will receive the restored gospel in their lives!
On the bright side, Katie and Prince are doing well! We are working with them often and the thing they struggle most with is coming to church! Which is actually really important! So we’re trying to bring the spirit of church attendance to each lesson we teach. Katie is getting married on the 26th so she can be ready to be baptized on the 29th. She’s so sweet and so excited to be baptized and follow the Savior. She really was a miracle to find! Her fiancé was baptized in Africa many years ago and one night we went to go see him and he said “Perfect, my fiancé is here and she’s not a member”. Since then, we have been able to teach her and help her realize that the gospel really can change her life!
We had interviews with President this week as well. I love him too much! J He really is an inspiration to me and makes me want to be a better missionary. At the end of our inspiring interview as we were getting ready to pray he said “Sister Sylar, I want you to notice something… in our last couple interviews you have sat at the end of your chair with your hand on the chair, bouncing your legs. You haven’t done that today, you’re at peace and I’m proud of where you are at.” I can’t tell you enough how grateful I truly am to be part of the Fort Worth Texas Mission! Miracles are happening here and I’m grateful I stuck out the hardest time to enjoy the mission life.
We had the chance to attend the temple today. It was wonderful! I’m so grateful to have a place to go and feel peace and joy in my life even when I’m getting discouraged in my missionary work. The Lord knows us, and the best place to reflect on that is in His house. So much missionary work is taking place, not only as missionary’s share the gospel but also as members go to the temple and perform saving ordinances for those who have passed away!
Thank you so much for y’alls love and support. I truly wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you! I love you! Have a wonderful week!
XOXOXO- Sister Tawny Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment