Monday, March 10, 2014

Entering the Waters of Baptism






Hey Y'all! Thank you for your letters, emails and packages this week! Holy cow, can you believe I hit my halfway mark in 2 days! Time flies too fast when you're sharing the gospel! But I love every second of it, although it can be hard at times! Things are going really well here in River Trails! There are a couple wonderful things that happened this week I would love to share with y'all! On Tuesday we were teaching our investigator, Katie, about the Word of Wisdom and The Law of Chastity (SCARY!) And she took is so well! She's been working so hard on living the Word of Wisdom and feels like her energy is gone, but I know in the long run it will really help her. She actually told us, after we taught the lesson, that the day before her doctor told her that she needed to stop doing a lot of the things that were on the list of things we refrain from! What a miracle! That just shows me how in tune with the spirit Joseph Smith really was. The Word of Wisdom didn't only help people then, but I know it can bless lives now! Also, she is planning to get married in the next 2 weeks so she can be baptized on March 22nd. I know that as we work with her and continue in faith, the Lord will show us so many miracles! On Saturday we had Liz and Blake Holland's baptism. What a wonderful sight to see two of God's children take the first step to eternal life with our Heavenly Father! Sister Porter, Mikaela (youth in the ward) and I all sang a special musical number and the chapel was full of support in their decision! I know that prayers and fasting really work to soften hearts and to help us do the things that Heavenly Father asks of us! :) I love being a missionary. I can't say it enough! on of the hardest things about this area is finding people rides to church! I never thought that would be so tough and I never thought I would have to do it! But it almost seems like you become such a burden on the ward! But, I know that when those investigators get to church they feel the spirit, and that's what is most important! I'm so grateful for the ward members who help out and know the blessings that the gospel can bring to these wonderful people! This last week has opened my eyes a lot to the Charity I need to have in my missionary work. If God is no respector of persons, I need to be the same! :) Sunday morning we received a phone call at 7 in the morning of a less active who wanted to come to church! I've never had that happen before and it was so neat to see her there after years of inactivity! The lessons were perfect for all who attended this Sunday, seriously, I don't know if I couldn't ever doubt that our Heavenly Father knows us personally! I love y'all so much and hope you have a great week! :) Be great examples and share the gospel!

XOXOXOX- Sister Tawny Ann Sylar

P.S. I saw Brother and Sister Todd last night at a devotional! :) I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment