Monday, February 10, 2014

Miracles in Fort Worth

Howdy y'all! A lot of times you hear that after trial comes miracles, right? Well.. I know faith preceeds the miracle as well. This week has been full of tender mercies from the Lord and I know that it's because after a tough week, we kept the fail and pressed forward! I'm grateful to the Lord for all he's done for me and His love for all his children. It's becoming more evident to me that he truly loves us all! We have been teaching a brother and sister, Liz and Blake, for about 2 months now. They have been coming to church for a year and haven't had the opportunity to get baptized because their dad won't allow it. During a lesson with them a few weeks ago we had a feeling that we needed to fast and invite them to talk to their dad about being baptized. They agreed, and to our surprise they bore their testimony's in sacrament meeting on Sunday. They mentioned that they would be fasting on Thursday before they talked to their dad about being baptized. The whole ward put their arms around Liz and Blake and decided to fast with all of us on their behalf. The result of the talk with their dad wasn't good, but it wasn't bad! He told them he would think about it and let them know this weekend. The prayers continued, the ward kept supporting them and the Lord worked miracles. On Sunday night we received a phone call from Liz telling us their dad said they can get baptized! Unfortunately, not with his approval or blessing, but just with his consent because he knows it's what they really want. They will be getting baptized in March. :) This is such a testimony to me that the Lord loves all his children. He knows us! He blesses us when we are obedient and diligent and have faith in him! I know that the Lord works miracles in our lives every day, whether we recognize them or not. But I'm so grateful for his mercy and his love. I wish y'all could be right beside me seeing these miracles happen in other's lives. I know you would see how true the church is! We taught sweet Felicia about the Word of Wisdom. Texans love tea. Hahaha it's was so funny to see her pull out all her tea and put it on the table and say "You mean to say I can't drink this?" and we said "Yes, that's right" and she said "Good, I don't like it anyway!" :) She's so willing to give up everything she needs to continue learning more about the gospel and become closer to her Heavenly Father and Savior. I'm grateful for her example of obedience! Thursday night we got froze in our apartment. We couldn't walk at night and we weren't allowed to drive our car, but missionary work went forward as we called exchanges, members, investigators and organized things that we've needed to do for a long time! On Sunday, last minute, we also were asked to teach Relief Society. What a great lesson even though we had no time to prepare, the spirit directed the whole thing! As I've reflected on February I've come to realize that I received my mission call a year ago on Valentine's day! What a great blessing it has been to prepare to serve my mission, to get to Texas and conquer fears and be so involved in the Lord's work! I'm grateful for the time I have to be here serving the Lord and sharing the gospel. I love y'all and I'm grateful for your love and support. Thank you for the prayers on my behalf and on the behalf of the people we're teaching! I know they are strengthening all of us. Have a great week and share the gospel with someone! :) XOXOXO- Sister Tawny Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment