Monday, January 27, 2014

Wait a day, the weather will be different!

Hello my dearest and most loved family in the world!
I hope y'all had as great of a week as we did! It's crazy how mission life is starting to become normal to me and I feel like I don't have much to tell y'all in my letters home anymore! But I will try to keep y'all up to date of everything I enjoy doing out here!
Yesterday was 80 degrees and today is 30. Man, if only y'all could imagine Texas weather, one day we don't have to wear tights and the next we are bundled up in coats and tights. It's crazy, but so funny.
This week we didn't do much out of the ordinary, but I will tell you about one of the most amazing things our mission has done! They put a billboard on the highway that advertises free bibles and the phone number to the mission office is on it. We have been receiving referrals left and right! And it's so cool because we go to these people's homes to take them a bible and a Book of Mormon and we're able to teach them about the gospel! The people are so willing to listen and we have found many people that way!
There is a woman we are teaching, Felicia. She is so fun to be around and always happy! She came to church for the first time on Sunday and just loved it! When we taught her this week she was like "Well, it stinks y'all can only come once a week!" And we were like.. nuh-uh! Let's come every day! Haha of course we wish we could every day, but we are staying so busy teaching people that we can only see her 2 times this week. But that's okay! We also invited her to be baptized and she said she got the chills and she started crying. I love how the spirit testifies in different ways to different people and I know the Lord has prepared her to receive the Restored gospel!
A couple of weeks ago I told y'all about Juan. He's a 17 year old young man who we ran into while trying to contact his dad. We had a feeling the other day to go there and see him, not coincidently he was sitting outside and we were able to see him for the first time since the last time we taught him. I wish I could tell you the miracles we see out here with the Lord's timing. I'm so grateful the Lord knows where he needs us and can send us there! Juan and his girlfriend came to church on Sunday. They said it was very different from what they were used to but they felt the spirit. We also sang in Ward conference on Sunday. :) It was an amazing experience and I'm grateful for it.
We were thinking of ways we can continue finding people and I remember that a missionary in Keller told me an idea they used, so we took it! This week we painted a big rock pink with a big green "R" on the front (it stand for referrals) we are going to start putting it in ward members yard's and we've asked them to pray for someone they can share the gospel with! We hope it's a fun way to get the ward involved.
I truly am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be on my mission. It's true, more happiness is in this calling than anything else I've done in my life so far. I'm grateful for the Savior and his sacrifice for us and his constant hand reaching out to us inviting us to come to him. I love being a missionary, I love the spirit of missionary work and I'm grateful for each and every one of you in my life. Remember that there're people who are being prepared for the gospel all around you and share the things that make you the happiest.
I love y'all and hope you have a good week.
With love from Texas,
Sister Tawny Ann Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment