Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Hey Ya'll

Happy New Year wonderful Family and Friends! :) It's been a great and cold New Year here in Texas, but I'm loving every second of it! We are seeing miracles happen every day and I'm so grateful that the Lord is able to use me as an instrument in his hands. We had interviews with our mission president this week, which is always such a great opportunity to meet with President Ames and to feel the spirit and learn things that we can do to become better missionaries. One of the things President Ames asked me to do was set goals for myself so I can see that my effort is not being wasted as a missionary. I've made steps to make those goals realistic and I know that as I call on the Lord for his help and continue to work hard, he will help me to feel the spirit and become better. I'm grateful for the time I have to be on my mission, I wouldn't rather be anywhere else. Sister Tanner and I have been making a goal to make it a habit to ask everyone we talk to for referrals, it's great cause we don't have to tract because we get so many referrals and have so many people that we can go see who are ready to hear the gospel! Although we haven't received many referrals from people we are seeing it in another way. When people submit a name of someone online, we get referrals right away. This week we have so many that we haven't had time to contact them all! What a blessing the Lord is giving us as we continue to reach our goals of asking for referrals! I know He has a hand in our lives and especially our missionary efforts! There are so many people I want to tell y'all about because the work in River Trails is absolutely amazing! But we are working with so many people who are willing to pray to know if the church is true. One of our investigators, Prince, is honestly searching for truth. I can't even begin to explain the journey he is on. It's like Joseph Smith all over again. He was baptized in the church when he was younger in Africa and later in his life started to attend a different church with his parents. We visit him often and share messages about how the Gospel can change his life and he feels the spirit! He's coming a little closer every time to knowing that the gospel is a blessing. I want to share one miracle with you that we saw this week. It had Sister Tanner and I in tears at a doorstep. We went to go see a man that we've taught once before, but when we knocked on the door his step son answered and told us he wasn't there. We started to share a message with his step son and the spirit quickly attended us. Juan is 16 and has gone through a lot in his life. His mom is religious and he's seen so many things happen in his life that have made him who he is today. Trials, loss, tribulations... everything that we've had to go through in this life and more. Sister Tanner and I shared scriptures out of the Book of Mormon and testified of the truthfulness of the Gospel. We taught him about the Savior and the Atonement that he performed for us to be clean to return to our Heavenly Father. We know it wasn't coincidence that we met him and as we stood there and boldly proclaimed the gospel, Juan told us he was shaking (not because he was cold) and he started crying. I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father for placing a prepared Child of God in our path. Chris and Gretchen are still planning to get baptized on the 18th. They are so excited and prepared. Their testimonies are strong. Chris bore his testimony in Sacrament meeting yesterday. I wish y'all could see the miracles I see every day. I know that God has a plan for Every single one of his children. He loves us all the same, He knows us all perfectly. I'm grateful for our Savior, who suffered so much pain, temptation and persecution so we can return to live with our Heavenly Father. I know we are all God's children. If we diligently seek him and "Come Unto Him" I know he will bless our lives. HE LIVES! I love y'all and hope you have a great week! XOXOX-Sister Tawny Ann Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment