Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Transferred and New Address

My family! :) Hello from Keller Texas! Not for too long, I'm getting transferred! Everything is happening so fast here. But I know that this was inspired. I going to be serving in River Trails in Hurst. It's a very humble place to serve with many people who are ready to hear the gospel. My new companion is Sister Tanner, I came out with her! How crazy is that? She's really sweet and I'm excited to embark on a new adventure. As I was getting ready this morning I was thinking about the transfer call we got and multiple times I just kept having strong impressions that I'm supposed to be going to River Trails. In fact, all week I have been thinking about River Trails and Sister Tanner so when I got the call, it wasn't shocking to me that I am called to serve there. I know that President Ames is in tune with the spirit to understand what I need and what the people I'm serving among need. This week was a little slow! We had our first ice storm and we got stuck inside for 2 days. I got a little stir crazy but when we tried to walk outside you couldn't take one step without slipping! We went out on Saturday to de-ice our car and it took an hour to get all the ice off. The chunks that fell down were huge. But the work went forward from inside our home! We helped Sister Todd put up her Christmas decorations and continuously texted and called investigators! We had the opportunity last Tuesday to put up Sherry's tree. If you don't remember, we met Sherry the first couple weeks I was here. She's a member of the church of Christ and lives in a trailer park with the dogs I washed a couple weeks ago. She was so grateful for the service and always looks forward to us coming over. I know that he heart is being softened as we continue to serve her. Heavenly Father knows what she needs and has sent us through revelation to help her and share the gospel with her! Bro. Mark Mabry also has a reflections of Christ showing that they do every year for missionary opportunities. This year they did it in the new Trophy Club building and displayed all of Bro. Mabry's work. Wow. I wish I could explain to y'all how strong the spirit was felt as you walked down the halls and saw the Savior's life in photographs. I'm so grateful for my Savior. I know he died for me. He had to go through pains and afflictions so he would know how to succor each and every one of us. I'm grateful for Heavenly Father and the many things he has placed in my life to teach me about the gospel and help me live it more fully. I know that nothing else can bring as much happiness to someone's life as the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Church was cancelled on Sunday because of the snow storm so we were privileged to have a devotion with Brother and Sister Todd at home. We all shared a thought, sang and prayed together. The spirit was strong as we reflected on the Life of Christ and all that he's done for us. What a great memory that will be. I am so grateful to live with members who know the gospel can bless anyone's life. I know that they were sent to me for a reason. I just want to take a second to bear my testimony. I know that the church is true. I know that this gospel can bring lasting peace, joy and happiness to all who find it and are willing to accept it. I'm grateful for the spirit to guide me each and every day as I "go about my Father's business". I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God who restored the fullness of the Everlasting gospel to the earth. I'm most grateful for my Savior's infinite atonement, which helps me become a better person and prepare to live with my father in Heaven again. I love this gospel. I love my calling and I'm grateful for all I've been given. I know the Lord is preparing people to learn the gospel and I give all the glory to him. I love y'all and hope you have a great week! Share the gospel when you have a chance, it may change someone's life now or later. XOXOXOXO- Sister Tawny Ann Sylar New Address 1008 Willow Dr. #301 Ft Worth, TX. 76120

No comments:

Post a Comment