Wednesday, December 4, 2013

On the Lords Errand

Greatest family on the earth! Hello there! :) I can tell you one thing.. Texas weather is bipolar and it's like a warm spring day today in Keller. I love it! We get to go to the park and play some sports with the rest of the zone which will be really fun! What a great week is has been, although I was away for Thanksgiving I was able to reflect on all the things I'm grateful for and eat with Sister Briggs and her family (the relief society president) I feel right at home and these people have become my family. I was also able to run a turkey trot on Thanksgiving morning that the bishop put on for members and non members! There were about 20 people there and I was dragging poor sister Bingham the whole way. Haha but she made it! I knew she would. One of the greatest things us missionaries get to do is go on exchange with other missionaries and see how their areas are doing! I got to go out with Sister Alldredge to Southlake and see how their area is doing and how they work. It was amazing to see how different work progresses for different areas, even if they're only one mile away from each other! I learned a lot, but specifically I learned about my own attitude and how I need to change it to have more faith and optimism in the work! Attitude is everything and I'm so grateful to be out here as a missionary, these are days I'm spending on the Lord's errand and I'm grateful he trusts me enough to preach His gospel! Saturday we had Matt Moreau's baptism. What a super elect young man! His convert girlfriend introduced him to the gospel about 1 year ago and he has been investigating ever since. He learned for himself the power of the atonement and the truth of the things we taught. It's great to see how the spirit can work through you to really touch his children and I know he will be a strong member of the Church and an example to his family in the future! LJ bore his testimony in sacrament for the first time yesterday too! Wow, what an amazing and elect man as well! He was prepared to receive the gospel throughout the year and when he gained the testimony that the church was true, he was ready to accept it! :) He also got to help ordain Matt to be a Priest! We had a lesson with the Kirkpatrick's this week! The main concern we have found is the truth of the Book of Mormon. We are working with them and going to help them start reading it every night as a family so they can feel the spirit testify to them that it's true! I know that as they continue to search for the truth and pray to know if the Book of Mormon is the word of God, they will find out for themselves through the Holy Ghost that it is! I'm grateful to be a missionary of the Lord, on the Lord's errand, at this time. I know that I have been called of God to declare his word. I know that hearts are being prepared everywhere to receive the gospel. I know that as we pray for missionary opportunities you will recognize them! I'm so grateful for my savior who died for me. I know that after all I can do, his atonement makes up the rest. We're so blessed to have the knowledge that we do, and just like Lehi shared the great fruit with his family, we need to share the gospel with our friends and family that we love. Keep enduring trials, keep sharing the gospel and God will bless you! I love y'all so much! Thank you for your love, support, and prayers! XOXOX- Sister Tawny Ann Sylar


No comments:

Post a Comment