Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year, Y'all! This week has been amazing! It was so great to talk to my parents and my family and hear their voices! It was definitely one of the highlights of the week along with remembering the Savior and having one of the most sacred Christmas's I've ever had! This week went by so slow but also so fast... We spent Christmas in a district meeting and ate lots of candy and had an amazing testimony meeting. To hear from other missionaries is one of the most uplifting things on the mission. I know that we're all out here to do the Lord's work and I'm so grateful to know that they know what they're teaching is true! We were also able to do some caroling to our investigators on Christmas which was really fun! Just Sister Tanner and I went and the spirit was strong as we sang about our Savior! I know that the people we went to have been touched by the spirit and they're continuing to learn more everytime we go and see them! We had dinner with a couple families on Christmas eve and one family on Christmas. I know the Lord has placed me in the area that I need to be at this time, it's not a question in my mind! I feel like this week was so uneventful because the Holiday was so crazy! We worked hard, though! We have been working with Chris, still! He's doing so great. He's overcoming his morning coffee habits and replacing it with hot chocolate! His birthday was on Christmas Eve so Sister Tanner and I got a mug that says "chocolate" on it and filled it with hot cocoa and chocolate candy bars, he says he uses it sometimes. :) He knows the blessings that come from living the Word of Wisdom and his testimony is so strong already. I'm grateful that the Lord has placed him in our path to teach him about the gospel. We taught him about the priesthood last night and he's so excited to be a part of it and have the proper authority that we know was restored through Joseph Smith! Gretchen, that sweet lady! She's so excited to be baptized in January, she knows the commitment she is making to Christ and the blessings that come from it. I know that as we are willing to give up our will and align it with God's He will bless us! That's how we become truly converted, and that's who we're working with... the people who will accept the restored gospel! We are trying to find people and coming up with some creative ideas. This week we are going to park our car at wal-mart and draw the Plan of Salvation on the windows and take people on a tour of the car/plan of salvation and teach them a little bit! How fun, huh? Sister Tanner and I are trying to get creative and really put some personality into the way we teach (along with the spirit of course!) We will have to let y'all know how that goes. Thank you so much for all y'all do for me. I really do appreciate it and love y'all so much! Happy New Year! Celebrate for me, I will be sleeping and working hard for the Lord! I know that the Church is true. I know that it has been restored through Joseph Smith, meaning that it was brought back to its original form... it's the same church Christ established when he was on the earth. I know that as we continually live our covenants with God, we will see blessings. Remember to be missionaries and disciples of Christ in all you do this week! Seek to remember the Savior and become more like him every day this upcoming year and always. I LOVE YOU! HAPPY NEW YEAR! XOXOXO- Sister Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment