Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Yay Tawn!

Hey Y'all!
Another week of missionary work that just shocks me. The miracles I'm seeing every day are things that I would not want to exchange for the world. I wish I could carry y'all with me so you could experience exactly what I'm experiencing. I know that the Lord works in small and simple ways and as we count little miracles in our missionary work, much success can be seen! :)
It's been quite a busy week. We had many lessons with our investigators in people's homes! The spirit is so strong when that is able to happen. Our investigators are growing in faith and really learning the attributes of the Savior. We taught our investigator Sierra, who is turning 18 this week, about the plan of salvation at a young woman's home and she just loved it. She eats it up every time we are meeting with her and I know that the Lord has prepared her heart to receive the truth. :)
We got a referral from the Dallas State Fair... you know, the goat buttermilk people? We went and did some family history for them and holy cow, you would not believe what we found! So much interesting stuff. We went back and shared with them and they loved it! They wanted to take us with them to find one of the pictures of the gravestones we found in Arlington, but we can't leave our area. Haha but they were so sweet. She took us on a tour of her huge backyard to see her goats too! I know it's small and simple, but family history is a great way to share the gospel! Keep that in your thoughts as you reach out to people and do missionary work! I can't wait to get home and work on more of my family history!
We got a referral from a member a couple months ago and have never been able to go see her, her name is Susan. We were walking one night and had a feeling that we should try to stop by her house, so we did and although she had never met us before, she opened the door and let us in, offered water and talked with us for an hour. She told us about her husband who had passed away from an asthma attack in the middle of the night at age 46. she has so much faith in Christ and to see how much she has turned her life into since he's been gone is an inspiration to me. I know that Christ gives us strength in the hardest times! I know that because since I've come out on my mission he has made me stronger.
We went to visit Sherry on her birthday and gave her a little candy gram. She is always so thankful for everything we do for her. Her dogs were so dirty that Sister Bingham and I didn't want to touch them... so I offered to wash them and she teared up and said it was too much to ask of us. But, I insisted and in a skirt, I washed 3 dogs who terribly needed baths. But it was worth it, because seeing the smile she had on her face afterward, was the only reward I needed. I know the Lord prompted us to go there so that we could serve her and help her feel of the Savior's love.
LJ had his baptism interview yesterday, too! He sat by me in sacrament meeting and told me that he woke up at 4 in the morning and stayed up for hours because he was so nervous for his interview! As the sacrament came, both the water and the bread ran out before he got it and he turned to me and said "what is going on?!?!" haha we both just laughed and waited for him to get the sacrament. Then after his interview the district leader said that LJ said "that's it?" and "well, do you want to play a trick on the sisters and tell them I didn't pass?" Oh my heck, he is so funny and so humble. He's so ready to be baptized. Hey, I guess Jehovah's Witnesses make great Mormon's according to what I've seen! :)
We are making sure to work through the members every day and continue to strengthen their knowledge of missionary work. As I've reflected this week on the many family's we've seen and the blessing the gospel brings to their life, I've thought about the things Mama and Stephen have done to raise me and my family. Family home evening, spending time together, etc. I was so against it at the time, but now I realize how important it is to raise family's in a good environment. I'm so blessed to have all my parents who support me, my cousins, my friends... I count my blessings every day, but just like Nephi, I never forget to thank the Lord for all he's given me and the deliverance I receive from my trials. I love the gospel, I know that it's true and being a missionary is the best time of my life and I'm so excited to continue working! 5 months down, I hope I have eternity to keep sharing the Gospel!
I LOVE Y'AL!!
XOXO- Sister Tawny Ann Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment