Monday, November 4, 2013

Tattoo?!

Hello family!
It's been a wonderful week here in Texas! Sometimes I'm even wearing short sleeves.. hope y'all are enjoying the beautiful snow! I know that I would be if I were you! :)
We had the opportunity to go out a lot this week and try to find new investigators to work with. We have a great teaching pool of about 14 investigators, but with football in Texas, nobody really has time for missionaries right now. We are working with meeting with them more frequently! :) LJ is getting baptized on the 16th and that's something I really am looking forward to. It's amazing to see people have so much desire to follow the Savior's example and be baptized and to be a witness of the great miracles of God. I'm so blessed to be here at this time and I know the Lord needs me here!
Yesterday was fast Sunday and there's a family in the ward that's quite large, there's 6 girls and 1 boy (sounds like Sis. Bingham's family ;) ) The little boy, Jacob, got up and bore his testimony and said "I know that no matter what sin or how many times you sin, Christ is there for you and he will forgive you, because he wants you to be happy" That really struck me. Seeing such a young man have such a testimony about the Savior is a blessing. In my times of trial I always remember the sacrifice that the Savior made for me and how much mercy he has toward me. Remember that his arms are always stretched out for us if we are willing to accept Him!
Joey was at church yesterday! It's been about 2 months since we've seen him. He moved out of his dad's house and has been having a really hard time financially and emotionally. I'm grateful for the faith he has. When he saw me, I shook his hand and he just gave me the biggest hug and apologized for not keeping in contact with us. He's a great young man and I'm blessed to be a part of his story. In Sunday school he was reading the scriptures the whole time, through his trial I think it's been hard for him to come to church and study the gospel, but I know that the testimony Jacob bore in sacrament is exactly what he needed to hear. I'm grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord that gently remind us that he loves us.
I found out this week that the ward thinks my scar is from having a tattoo removed. BAHAHAHAHAHA I laughed so hard when I heard that. I then found out that Sis. Ramage mentioned it in passing to someone cause she and I thought a good story would be funny... people took it seriously and now people ask me about it more than they used to. :) It's so funny to see people's reactions when I tell them the real story. That was one of mine and Sis. Bingham's laughs of the week.Halloween was wonderful as well! We had to go in early for the night and were home from 6-9 doing our weekly planning session. It was really fun because we got to pass out candy to the trick or treaters as we planned for what we are doing in the upcoming week!
As I've been reflecting this week on the time I've been out so far it has really flown. I'm grateful to be out here serving the Lord, finding his children and teaching them about the gospel. There's no better way I would rather spend my time right now. I know that the tough times we have as we serve in our area are to make us stronger missionaries and although at times missionaries don't feel adequate to share the gospel, through God's grace and mercy he will forgive us and help us become more like him. I'm grateful for my wonderful family and friends and their support. I know I wouldn't be the missionary I am today without their testimonies and their love and support. I know the gospel is true. I know that God loves us!
Thank you for all you do. I love y'all so much! :)
XOXOX- Sister Tawny Ann Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment