Friday, November 22, 2013

Hey Family



Hey Family! It's been so great to hear from y'all this week. Thanks for the many emails and sweet notes, I really do appreciate it! Things are going so great here in Keller Texas, the weather is bipolar, but it's a lot of fun to walk out and realize you need tights! Haha I don't have much time but I would like to share some great things that happened this last week! :) We had an amazing zone conference that Sister Bingham and I won the "Cleanest Car Award" that was fun, we worked really hard for that! ;) But the thing that stood out most to me was what President Ames talked about so much. He said "When you are discouraged, pray harder. Those feelings don't come from your Father in Heaven." When you feel discouraged as a missionary, the devil takes advantage of it. And as I had to opportunity to go to the temple this morning I was able to feel the spirit really tell me that my Heavenly Father is proud of me, even though I'm not perfect. He's okay with our imperfection, that's why we have the atonement. I know that His grace is sufficient for everyone! So don't give up when you're down! We also found out that we get to be part of a Fort Worth Texas mission choir on December 7th down in Arlington. We had a practice for that after Zone conference and we're really excited to be a part of it! It's a great missionary opportunity for the missionaries who are serving near Arlington! It's always good to know that you're helping someone else with their missionary work! I love it. We had dinner with Bro. and Sis. Beck on Tuesday and talked to them about teaching another one of their friends! This is a great experience that the members are getting into the missionary work as much as we are! Remember that Pres. Monson said "Now is the time for Members and Missionaries to come together" find people for the missionaries to teach and the Lord will bless your life! LJ was baptized on Saturday, what an amazing experience! He had so many people there, we had to move to the chapel and the whole chapel was filled to the back. Baptisms are a great opportunity for missionary work. It's also a place where the spirit is so strong that you can't deny it! :) We're so blessed to have been a part of LJ's story! I know that he's going to be a faithful member! He loves the gospel and has for a long time! We are still teaching a lot of people who are ready for the gospel! I know that the Lord prepares people and puts them in our paths so we can touch their lives. Either by small or big examples! I want you to know that I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I know it leads to true happiness and as you continually keep your goal on the temple you cannot go astray! I love you so much and I hope y'all have a wonderful week! XOXOXOX- Sister Tawny Ann Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment