Monday, October 14, 2013

Tawny

Hola Family! :)
It's so good to hear from ya'll this week. It has been a great week. Emotionally draining, but everything went really well! As you know, I'm turning 21 on Friday, that's a big step in my life and I'm ready to take it on! A year full of missionary work! I have some fun things to share with you this week and also some great spiritual experiences!
As I've gone through the week I have felt disappointment, but happiness beyond all happiness I've ever felt. I got discouraged and down hearted. But I've realized the miracles God has brought to Keller and how much great is coming from Sister Bingham and I's work. Wow. We have 14 investigators, some of which are progressing and some who are moving slowly, but surely. There are appointments that drop daily and it's so hard! I've judged myself according to the hard things I'm seeing. But then I remember I'm just me. I'm learning so much, the savior is always there for me and He has called me, an imperfect person to preach His perfect gospel. How great is my calling!
No matter how down hearted you get out here.. there's always something bright in every day, whether it be the sunshine or Sister Bingham being a weirdo. I feel like I'm laughing constantly out here. We have started teaching two young girls, 9 and 11. They live with their step mom and dad. Their real mom calls frequently to talk to them and see how their day is going. When we were having a discussion with them the phone rang. Their mom was calling again. The 11 year old picked up the phone and without saying "Hello?" or anything said... "We can't talk right now, we're with the Normans" BAHAHAHAHAHA I couldn't hold it in. I laughed so hard. But it was so cute and something that will stick with me for awhile. As a result, we named our car Norman.
We have also been working with a few great people whom I have grown to love so much! Danyelle Finkelstein is an 18 year old in our ward who has been having the Youth Lessons (we teach 14 year olds who are members the lessons) As she has gone through them she has decided to serve a mission! :) She will be turning in her papers in the next few months and I'm so grateful for her! She has done great missionary work in the ward as well. We are teaching her friend Sierra right now who is a sweet 17 year old. Since she's not 18, we had to get a note from her parents to teach her. On Wednesday night she gave us the note and told us the story of what happened. Sierra asked her mom for the note and her mom decided to open her bible to see if it was right. She flipped right to Jeremiah 29:11 which said " I know the plans I have for my you" ( a different version of the bible) and as she signed the note, she put that scripture on the bottom. I know that Heavenly Father helping her understand that her daughter is doing something that will change her life for the better. I know that Heavenly Father sends us answers we don't expect sometimes, but as we have faith in him, we grow so much.
The Kirkpatrick family is doing well! They have been so busy with work and the dad has been out of town every week for the last 3 weeks and will continue to be out of town for 2 more weeks. I can't imagine being without my dad for that long! But they bought the family Book of Mormon easy to read that they saw at brother Beck's house and they have started to read as a family. They're so great! :) I love them so much.
On the 12th I hit my 4 month mark and I realized how much I love my mission, how much I've changed and how grateful I am. I know that I'm here for a reason and I'm so grateful for the gospel! I know that God lives and he loves us! He has a plan for every single one of us. I love ya'll and I'm so grateful for your love and support. I hope ya'll have a great week!
XOXO- Sister Tawny Ann Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment