Monday, October 7, 2013

Flying Burrito!!

MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS! :)
Geez Luis, ya'll have been in my thoughts and prayers this week. I want you to know how thankful I am for your prayers and love. I feel them every day as I wake up and keep going, they give me strength to go through my hardest days.
This week has been great! Not too much excitement has happened, we had great appointments to look forward every day and taught many lessons. One of the less active girls we have been working with has decided to start her mission papers! :) She's already done some amazing missionary work and we're teaching one of her friends who is writing a missionary right now. We are going to see if she can do a 24 hour exchange with us sometime to see what it's like being a missionary. It looks all glamorous and stuff, but it is really tough. Some days you don't even teach a lesson, but you're walking around talking to people and trying to find new people who need the gospel!
We are also starting to teach lessons to a recent converts boyfriend :) He's been coming to church for about a year! He loves the gospel and has read the Book of Mormon, so we are really trying to strengthen his faith and help him see what the blessing of having the Priesthood can be. We have so many people to teach, it's unreal! :) The only thing that stinks is a lot of times they cancel and we are not able to go over and then we have to find things to be productive!
We are still working with the great Kirkpatrick family and got permission to go to their house now to spend time with them and teach them the gospel! :) They are so great. Sonia started a company out here called PediaPlex and she's changed so many lives with it that she's an inspiration to many people who she comes in contact with. She's so outgoing, she reminds me of myself! I wish I could tell you about everyone, but that would take 10 years. Miracles are happening in the Keller 2nd ward, let's just say that!
Sister Bingham is such a blessing to me. She's CRAZY! Sometimes she gives me nuggies... and she's shorter than me! She also attacks me at night after she turns of the light. The other night we were having pillow talk and she turned out the light and I didn't hear her get in her bed but then she yelled "FLYING BURRITO" and jumped on top of me! HAHAH we have good times and I'm so grateful for her testimony. The spirit it so strong as we teach in unity and work together to help people see the blessings of the gospel.
General Conference was definitely the highlight of my week, I have been waiting for it for about 2 months and now it's gone! It all happened too fast. Elder Holland's talk was specifically for me, and I know that the Lord knew I needed to hear it. Although at times we may seem like the Lord isn't there, he is on our side. Every. Single. Step. of the way. I can't even tell you how much I've gained a testimony of his atonement. Even missionaries have need for the atonement, crazy right? :) I'm just so grateful for the person I am becoming out here.
We also have been challenged by President Ames to read the New Testament. What a great book! :) I'm so grateful for the Bible and I know Christ lives, I know he loves me and I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is on the earth for all to hear! Please share it with the people around you, even if you're scared! I know it's hard, but get out there and reach out to those you love. If you truly love them you will want them to have the gospel because it makes you happy!
Have a wonderful week, Texas is great! The weather is brisk and it's amazing!
I love ya'll!
XOXO- Sister Tawny Ann Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment