Monday, September 23, 2013

Nonners!

Hello my wonderful family!
Guess what? There's such thing as fall in Texas. The weather has been wonderful here and I haven't been sweating like a pig when we go tracting! How crazy is that, right? But I'm loving it! We even slept with the window open last night.
It's been a really hard/good/emotional week for me. First I had to say goodbye to my first companion, Sister Tullis. That was just as tough as saying goodbye to family almost! I'm so grateful for her and all she's taught me. Really, I don't know where I would be without her. She's a great missionary. But I did get a new companion. You know how that goes! :) Her name is Sister Camille Bingham. She's from Santaquin, Utah and she's the youngest of 9 children! All Sisters, one brother. HOW CRAZY! :) She grew up on a dairy farm too. So she knows the ropes.. Kinda. ;) It's so hard cause I know the area and I'm driving now! So sometimes it's just like.. I don't know what to do! And she doesn't know the area or anyone and she's trying to help me so we're both kinda just starting fresh. But I love her. She's going to be great to work with! She's also been very patient with the things that I've been working on. Like my anxiety :)
Can I just tell you how much the Lord is blessing Texas right now? On Friday it rained like crazy, Texas is in a huge drought right now, but it rained all day and all night and we went walking in it, and puddle splashed and everything! It was so fun and so great to build a relationship with my new companion as we talked and walked. I really admire her cause she just testifies right at the door, and that's something I need to do better at. I'm learning so much from her and I hope we see more miracles happen here in Keller soon!
I didn't get the chance to go see Kent and Karen's parents because they are not in my area, but I sent the Zone Leader Elders over to go see them and they said they were SO welcoming to them. They're even going to feed them dinner sometime! Isn't that great? The elders are excited to start seeing them more and helping them feel the spirit in their home. Thank you for the referral, mom, Kent and Karen! Missionaries love them!
We've had some wonderful opportunities to teach this week. The one that I want to tell you about is with the Kirkpatrick family. They are so ready to have the gospel in their lives. There is nothing that brings more happiness to them than knowing that their family can be together forever. We had a lesson at Brother Beck's home with the Kirkpatrick's on Friday night and the spirit was so strong as Bro. Beck shared his testimony about Joseph Smith and how real the whole thing was. He even let us hold Joseph Smith's pocket watch that he gave to the sheriff before he was killed. It's just such a testimony to me to know that these men died for us to have the Book of Mormon. They were ridiculed and tarred and feathered for a great cause! Don't take it for advantage. It's such a blessing. I know the Book of Mormon is true! I want to challenge ya'll to read it before the year is over and pray to know that it's true. I can promise you that you will receive your answer as long as you open your heart up to the spirit!
I'm grateful to be serving here in Keller. I'm learning more about myself than anything else out here. My anxiety has been getting the best of me. But I have found comfort in praying to my Heavenly Father with full faith that he will comfort me and bless me. I know that I have been given President and Sister Ames for a reason, they are a great blessing and example to me as well. Thank you for the examples ya'll have been to me and how much I've learned because of you. I'm grateful for the gospel, I know it's true! I know I'm here for a reason, I'm exactly where the Lord wants me to be.
Share your testimony to those you come in contact with who you know need to gospel. It's not THAT scary! That's one thing I wish I would've learned at home. I'm grateful to be a part of this work! No ipads and crazy stuff yet, but it will come sooner or later. :)
I love ya'll and hope you have a great week!
XOXOX-Sister Tawny Ann Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment