Thursday, August 1, 2013

Letter #8

Hello Familia! :)
How are you? It's been such a wonderful week here in Keller! Can you believe I've already been out for almost 2 months? Holy Cow, how time flies. I miss you guys like crazy, but I'm so grateful to be out here each and every day. My love for you continues to grow as I help others learn that they can be with their families for time and eternity!
As you know, I'm a sister Training Leader with my companion, so I'm still living out of a suitcase half of the time, but it's so nice because I get to see so many sisters and learn about their testimonies and see how their areas are doing. I had my first spanish exchange on Tuesday and it was so cool but so different! Since I didn't know the language I just listened, but it's so crazy how strong you can feel the spirit even if you don't understand what's being said. The area those sisters are working in is very ready for the gospel and ready to listen. I also got to go on an exchange to Arlington and visit the YSA sister. I was with Sister Earl for the night. Sister Tullis trained her as well! Haha how crazy. but it's cool and very different in YSA wards because you can't teach families, I don't know how I feel about that, but I also want to serve in YSA cause the culture is so fun and what I'm used to! but I love my ward and I love serving in it. I have definitely been sent here for a reason and I love the ward SOOO much. :)
An elder that we serve with here, Elder Lavato, says the strongest missionaries come to Keller because it's so hard to teach here, nobody really wants to listen, they've got their big homes and their religions and they don't want to hear what you have to say. We hadn't had a baptism in Keller for a year and a half until Saturday, when Joey was baptized :) He was just glowing with the spirit, he was so happy and his family was all there to support him. We found out afterward that his brother told him that he wants to be baptized and learn more about the church. Miracles are happening every day!
Thank you so much for the letters (my sd card) and the package you sent with the ramages! :) Haha I'm so glad you got to visit them for a bit. Sister Ramage said that mom wouldn't stop smiling but was just crying. that's the mom I remember :) haha no need to worry about me, here. I'm doing the Lord's work and I'm happier than ever! I love teaching the gospel.
I'm still having a little trouble with my comp. She just takes her time doing things when I'm ready to get out and work. I wouldn't say trunky, but you know how busy I like to be. haha So it's just kinda different. I'm ready to run but feel like I'm doing a little jog. Transfers are next Wednesday, so I will let you know next Tuesday if I'm going anywhere! Remember that my P day isn't next Monday because I'm going to temple on Tuesday with some of the sisters in the ward (IM SO EXCITED) I heard they have a new video they are using. So just remember, next Tuesday instead of Monday. haha
You're in my prayers. Mama, I'm reading the book of mormon again as well and I just finished that story. I'm also highlighting everyone reference to Christ as I go through... and it's so cool to see how much He is in the book of Mormon :) Try to get involved in the missionary work at home! I feel so bad that I didn't do anything in missionary efforts while I was at home, I guess I'm just learning how to now! :) Go on splits with them, you'll love it!
I can't think of anything I need right now. :) thank you so much for your love and support! Keep up the hard work Stephen, you're in my prayers and enjoy your empty nesting time! :) I'm so glad that time is finally here for you 2.
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH and thanks for the hugs and kisses from the Ramages. (I also played guitar for them) haha Have a great week! :)
Xoxo- Sister Sylar

No comments:

Post a Comment